Monday 30 October 2017

Monday 30th October – Hardingwood Hill and Shustoke

At Hardingwood Hill doing a little VisMig, I probably should have gone to Hartshill Hayes, I knew there would be more birds but also that there would be more birders. Even though this place isn’t ideal I tend to get it to myself.

I was hoping for a few more Hawfinch but it wasn’t to be. It was cold this morning but bright and the wind had swung round a little more and was more or less straight westerly. The birds today were heading in a west apart from the Wood Pigeons which continued on there South-west path.

Totals:
Fieldfare           168
Redwing             14
Goldfinch           15
Starling             209
Chaffinch           20
Skylark                 2
Wood Pigeon    622


Shustoke
I walked around today finding my first Goldeneye of the autumn, there was little else of note apart from a single Redpoll and four Meadow Pipit.





No comments: