Thursday 19 May 2016

Thursday 29th May

Spent the morning at Middleton Lakes RSPB where I had a pleasant morning, I wrongly thought the rain from yesterday may well have produced something exotic on the wader front – I was wrong!

Most of the warblers were singing, well the ones I could hear, I’m afraid I struggle with Gropper now but the rest are strident enough for me to identify, whilst Cetti’s pretty well announces itself with a fanfare of trumpets . . . I will know I’m truly deaf when I can’t hear Cetti’s!

Jubilee Wetland held three each of Dunlin and Ringed Plover I also funnily enough had three LRP. The four Avocet appear not to have chicks, or they have they are not accompanying them!  There was little else apart from Cuckoo.

Might have a little walk around the Reservoir now that its started raining.

No comments: