Friday 8 April 2016

Friday 8th April

After a long chat in the car park Joy and I managed to drag ourselves around the Reservoir in the late afternoon. There appeared to be little around with just 3 Swallows a few singing Chiffchaff and strangely at least 6 Gt Spotted Woodpecker. The Nuthatch have set up home near to where they bred last year and Treecreeper likewise.

As we were leaving the small pool I picked up a male Brambling feeding in the trees, it wasn’t quite in summer plumage but it wasn’t far away.

When we got to the paddocks there was a singing Willow Warbler which showed well and it was joined by a male Blackcap.

Late this afternoon I paid my first visit in ages to Whitacre Heath NR where I spend a pleasant hour or so. Didn’t see much but there were still a few Siskin around as well as over a dozen Redpoll.

Tomorrow my mother celebrates her 80th birthday, so we are off for a meal, unfortunately she lives nearly 350 miles away! And whilst I am retired the others aren’t so it means a drive up early tomorrow followed by a drive back on Sunday, still it is my Mum!


No comments: