Wednesday 19 August 2015

Wednesday 19th August

Not a bad day again today, I walked around from 8.30 onwards but the Ruff were no where to be seen. I made my way to the Sheep Paddocks and there was still one Whincat. I heard Lesser Spotted Woodpecker but the highlight was my first Lesser Whitethroat for the site this year – a long time to wait.

With rain forecast for early afternoon I thought I would get over later and check the gulls as their numbers were starting to increase recently and in previous years there have been Med Gulls amongst them or maybe even a Yellow-legged Gull. I arrived, set up my scope and the first thing to grab my attention were the 3 Ruff, I could have could swear they weren’t there earlier.

Unfortunately most of the larger gulls had departed but there were good numbers of Black-headed Gull around, for something better to do I started to search through these until I came across a juvenile Med Gull, almost immediately the rain increased so I departed. Not a bad day though.

No comments: