Thursday 13 August 2015

So far this week

I have been over every day so far but whilst it has been enjoyable there hasn’t been that much to shout about, certainly not since the fireworks of Sunday (fireworks being a relative term).

There have been up to four Common Sandpiper, a single Wigeon and up to five Shoveler with nearly double figures of Gadwall. There are still family parties of Whitethroat and Blackcap and I saw a couple of Kingfisher on Wednesday. The post breeding Lapwing flock is hovering around the 60 mark but I haven’t seen a Swift since Sunday so most of them have moved off now.

I saw this on the internet (link attached) it is a species that has always intrigued me.


http://www.theguardian.com/environment/video/2015/aug/10/rare-night-parrot-queensland-first-time-100-years-video

No comments: