Monday 20 July 2015

Monday 20th July

Finally finished all my decorating, now I have a lot of gardening to catch up with. However, this morning saw me walking around the Reservoir. The amount of weed is encouraging as it will attract waders and there were 3 Common Sandpiper and an Oystercatcher amongst the numerous Lapwing. Later in the day Steve Haynes also saw a Dunlin. It was relatively quiet, which is to be expected at this time of year, there wasn’t much singing but I had a pleasant morning.

I was a bit perturbed as the last time I looked the Lesser Spotted Woodpecker were feeding young, I checked out the nest hole and it appears to have been enlarged somewhat, I hope the young got out before the Great Spot got in!

Hopefully now I will have a little more time to get over, but I imagine it will be a few more weeks yet before it starts to liven up.

On the climbing front I cannot believe it was just over a year ago that Joy and I finished the Munro’s and I have to say I really miss the excitement that we used to feel every year as we planned the walking season that lay ahead of us.

No comments: