Wednesday 21 January 2015

Monday 19th January

Monday – Shustoke Reservoir.

The 3 Amigo’s were still present as well as three Redpoll and Willow Tit. There was a Kingfisher on the river and there were good numbers of winter thrushes on surrounding fields. All in all I saw 55 species during the course of the morning, not bad.

Tuesday – Maxstoke Area

I spent the morning looking for the possible Ferruginous Duck at Coton I searched the best I could but the edge of the lake is completely overgrown, so after two hours in sub-zero temperatures I went home for a hot drink. The best I could manage was a couple of Water Rail.

I took a walk around the rounds searching for passerines and to see if I could relocate last years Little Owls, I drew a blank on both counts but I did see my hundredth species for the year when I found a Tawny Owl roosting is a hole in a tree.


No comments: