Monday 3 November 2014

10 Red-crested Pochard in a day!!!

Last Friday saw me in Cleveland ticking Eastern Crowned Warbler, two ticks in a week! With having plenty of time in the week I don’t cover the Reservoir as much at weekends now, but Sunday saw my first flock of Fieldfare for the winter with around 40 birds flying over.

I had to drop my son off in Rugby (new job) so I spent most of the day at Draycote Water, I had an enjoyable time the highlights of which were Raven and four Red-crested Pochard, this small group were joined by another male on my second walk around. I received a text from Steve Haynes to say there were five at Shustoke. When I got home Joy and I took a stroll around the Reservoir seeing the said five RCP, 4 male, 1 female. The Shag was back, it was sat on top of the boat moored in the centres of the Reservoir, don’t know where it keeps disappearing too.

We will have to see what the predicted change in the weather will bring!

No comments: