Thursday 24 April 2014

Thursday 24th April

Sitting working away, when a text arrived informing me that there was a Little Tern (S Haynes) as Shustoke, as I have never seen one at Shustoke I had to go! On arrival the bird was resting on the green buoys and showed really well. There was also a couple of Yellow Wagtail and two Lesser Whitethroat.

Back at work, waiting for 5.30pm!

Anyway 5.30pm came and went. Eventually, at 6.30pm I arrived but it looked like everything had left, I sat down on one of the benches and scanned but could pick nothing up. After 10 minutes or so I saw the Little Tern down the far end feeding, it eventually came in and rested on one of the buoys, typically the most distant one! I managed to fire off a few shots. As I had taken my scope I scanned the edge eventually seeing four Common Sandpiper.

Little Tern

Little Tern

No comments: