Thursday 17 April 2014

Recent Sightings

I have been over recently but it has been rather quiet. However, there have been more sightings of Red Kite and I received an email that one had also been seen near Berkswell, I await my first encounter.

On Monday I had my annual trip to North Wales but this time it was a lot later in the year. I though that would be good but I was wrong. At Black Rock Sands near Porthmadoc we saw several Manx Shearwater, a couple of Sandwich Tern and Razorbill and Guillemot on the sea and a single Red-throated Diver. We then visited a range of sites that we normally go too, and they were all very quiet.
Even at Worlds End there was nothing on show whatsoever.

On Tuesday I made two trips to the Reservoir, in the morning I only had 8 Sand Martin to show for my efforts. On the evening I left it too late to walk around but I did see a Cuckoo fly across the Reservoir.
Sunday looks like it may be interesting with rain forecast with the wind from the east, but we will wait and see.



No comments: