Tuesday 7 May 2013

The Weekend

Spent most of the time working in the garden but I did get over to Shustoke once. There were more dogs in the water than wildfowl on it. There only appeared to be a couple of Common Tern, they have probable moved on to there breeding sites now. No doubt they will be back when it comes to feeding the young. There were good numbers of Swift but little else.

A couple of walking on Cannock Chase over the weekend saw me catch up with Wood Lark and Wood Warbler. I also saw Tree Pipit and Redstart but strangely no Pied Flycatchers.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have to agree with you on the dogs, I visited last week trying to photograph whitethroats waited 3 hours to see them just has I lined up the shot a fat man with 2 doge started throwing sticks in the stream and on the way back a dog walker past me and the signs saying keep your dog on a lead totally ignored it let is dog off in to the warter . dog walkers keep throwing the muck in to trees that's if they can be botherd to pick it up sad lot it won't be long before they are band..