Monday 13 May 2013

Sunday 12 May

I had a couple of trips today, first early morning where it was pretty much the same as yesterday with the singing Garden Warbler performing really well behind the Sailing Club. Yesterdays Wheatear had gone but there were close on a dozen singing Blackcap on site. We avoided the Reservoir itself and walked along the path adjacent to the railway.

Later, I checked out the Coleshill Quarry, but although there is lots of water it is now completely overgrown and there is no muddy edge so loved by waders. I did however, come across 3 singing Reed Warblers. I popped into Shustoke on the way back as Steve Haynes had seen Arctic Tern earlier in the day. The Arctic Tern was still there and I whiled away half an hour with Steve Cawthray seeing a Yellow Wagtail which was by the Shustoke Sailing Club.

No comments: