Saturday 27 April 2013

Saturday 27th April

I had a day in the garden today, I my sons and their friends are reducing the conifers surrounding my garden from 60ft down to about 20ft. Not in an attempt to see more birds on my garden list but to let some light in. The Captain joined us for a few hours this afternoon, and we actually saw a few good birds first a Sparrowhawk was soaring above the house and was soon joined by a pair of Hobby. We were watching them when the Captain picked up a large flock of around 50 Swift really high heading north. Later a pair of Raven flew overhead attracting attention from the gardens breeding Carrion Crows. I was accompanied all day by a singing Song Thrush and there was also Chiffchaff and Willow Warbler singing at times.

Hopefully though, with the trees a lot lower I might pick up anything high in the sky from the east and north now!

No comments: