Tuesday 5 March 2013

4th March 2013

I managed to get over briefly at the weekend, but searching through the gulls failed to reveal any Med Gulls. There was probably one in there somewhere, but I tend to nod off to sleep after five minutes! I have been pushed for time recently but it is good to know other people are birding the reservoir and finding some birds.

On Monday one of those people Matt Griffiths picked up a 1st winter Med Gull and a brief Curlew and 24 Goosander, approximately the same number were present on Saturday when I was there.

I have taken to walking to work in an effort to get fitter, this takes me via Watery Lane over Coleshill Quarry. Although there hasn’t been much to speak of there. I did see two Oystercatchers on the Severn Trent pool along Watery Lane.

No comments: