Sunday 17 February 2013

That was the week that was

Managed to get over a couple of times last week but it was quiet, a singing Skylark was the only addition to the site year list. Steve Haynes had a Med Gull on Tuesday on the reservoir and surrounding fields. The Captain searched for the Gull on Wednesday but it had departed but he did have four Goldeneye, by the time I got over in the afternoon, I didn’t even see the Goldeneye!

On a personal note (away from Shustoke) I spend the early part of Saturday (with the Captain) at Draycote seeing two Black-necked Grebe and the drake Smew. In the afternoon I visited Ladywalk where I saw Marsh & Willow Tit, two Oystercatcher, Little Egret and Shelduck.


Two Black-necked Grebe, Draycote, Warwickshire

Smew, Draycote, Warwickshire.

On Sunday the fields around Hollyland held 150 Chaffinch, two Brambling and 30 Yellowhammer. I made a big mistake on Sunday going to the gull roost at Chasewater, the mistake wasn’t going to the roost, it was taking the wife with me. Standing, searching through the gulls for two hours in the cold wasn’t what she had in mind. As of yet, three hours later she still hasn’t spoken to me. The good news was I saw Iceland and Med Gull!

No comments: