Saturday 14 April 2012

Friday night/Saturday Morning

Managed to get over after work and it was reasonable there were two LRP on the slipway and a Common Sandpiper on the south shore. I couldn’t find the Scaup and it looks like it has finally moved on. There were also double figures of Swallow and Sand Martin. Still no Willow Warbler I did pick up a couple of singing Goldcrest in the Pine belt.

This morning there were three Shelduck on arrival but they moved on quickly (a party of power walking ladies, were also power talking, you could hear the conversation at 200 yards). There was no sign of yesterday’s LRP but the Common Sandpiper was still there. There appeared to be a few more Blackcap in.

I managed to get over in the evening after the football and had my first House Martin of the year and the added bonus of a couple of Redshank which promptly flew off north.


This morning whilst walking the dog I had my first Whitethroat of the year in the hedgerow next to the garden.

No comments: