Saturday 31 March 2012

Saturday 17th March

Two trips over today, one early one late. I did catch up with Blackcap, there were a couple of singing birds. Didn’t hear or see the Willow Warbler – but no problem we will be knee deep in them by the end of next week. I also missed out on Swallow, not once but twice,  once at Shustoke and then again at home where Joy informed me she had one over the garden!

Caught up with the Scaup again, it had been hiding on the small pool, but I located it on the main Reservoir this evening as it and all the Tufted flew in to roost.

I got dropped off this afternoon with the dog near Coleshill Town FC and checked out a few old sites for Tree Sparrow whilst I made my way back to my house. I saw no Tree Sparrows which is rather worrying. Incidently, I came across a road named after a “hit single” on my travels. Any guesses?

Also this morning – I had a busy day, I checked out Coleshill GPs but apart from a couple of Green Sandpiper and Snipe there was very little. Certainly no LRPs, but the site is rather overgrown now, it best days are certainly behind it.

No comments: