Saturday 10 March 2012

Saturday 10th March

I had to go into work this morning so I got over rather early, needless to say the car park was full. I started on my usual circuit but have up after a 100 yards and about the same number of dogs. A Staffordshire Bull Terrier that scattered the duck was the final straw, I changed direction and headed down Bixhill Lane to the small pool in the hope of catching up with the possible Firecrest from a couple of weeks back. The chances of the bird being present were slim but needs must.

Wildfowl although not numerous included a couple of Shoveler, four Gadwall, c.30 Pochard and 18 Wigeon. The highlight however, were a couple of singing Marsh Tit between the pools. Apart from that it is still quiet. Hopefully by the end of next week we should have Sand Martin coming through and the chance of the odd Wheatear.

No comments: