Thursday 16 February 2012

I’m Back

Having just returned from Goa for a fortnight I am still catching up at home and work, but I will get over the Reservoir soon I promise.

While I was away I had a text from Steve Haynes at an ungodly hour to say that there was an adult Med Gull at the reservoir, I see there was also a Smew on and off.

I have enclosed a few photographs of some of the birds that I saw. We had 276 species in 14 days which is good in anyones language.

Oriental Skylark, Donna Paula Plateau, Goa

Indian Roller, Donna Paula Plateau, Goa
 
Jungle Owlet,  Carambolim Lakes, Goa
 
Blue-faced Malkoha, Carambolim Lakes, Goa

Spotted Owlet,  Carambolim Lakes, Goa

Bay-breasted Shrike, Morjim Beach, Goa

Lesser Sandplover, Morjim Beach, Goa

Grey Nightjar, Mayam Lake, Goa

White-throated Kingfisher, Chorao Island, Goa

Blue-bearded Bee-eater, Saligaor Zor, Goa

Red-wattled Lapwing, Carambolim Lakes, Goa

Asian Openbill, Carambolim Lakes

Black Kite, Baga Hill, Goa

Sri Lankan Frogmouth, Backwoods Camp, Goa

Oriental Dwarf Kingfisher, Bhagwan Mahaeer, Goa

Ashy Woodswallow, Bhagwan Mahaeer, Goa

Orange-headed Thrush, Apora Woods, Goa

Blue-capped Rock Thrush, Bhagwan Mahaeer, Goa

Malabar Pied Hornbill, Bondla, Goa

No comments: