Monday 9 January 2012

Monday 9 January

Unfortunately my plans for the weekend evaporated before my eyes. My son found a car and press ganged me into taking him to see it, unfortunately for me it was in Manchester, bloody internet. Then on Sunday I had to remove a tree that had been blown down in the storms earlier in the week as it blocked my dog walking route. This morning my shoulders are tender. I did receive an email in response to a ringed Black-headed Gull that I reporting during last winter, I will copy in the email.

Hopefully I will get over later in the week. Anyone who knows me well will understand the confusion!!!

Dear peter.
You may remember reporting a BH gull with the ring number "60HZ" . I am sorry it has taken so long to get back to you but some detective work was required. Tjhe ring 60HZ has not been used ,but as sometimes happens we think you have read the ring upside down i.e it is 2H09.
I have attached details of 2H09. This bird was ringed as part of a project studying BH gulls breeding in the cotswold Water Park on the Gloucestershire/Wilts border.
I have also attached a copy of a report. We are in the process of preparing a new report and I will put you on our mailing list
regards

John Wells


Recapture History
Ring Age/ Capture
number Type Date Init Details
Black-headed Gull
EW24409     N 1 09/06/06 Cerney Wick, Gloucestershire
O 3 Sighted (R) 22/06/06 Cokes Pit, Somerford Keynes, Gloucestershire (5 km, WSW, 13 
O 3 Sighted (R) 23/06/06 Cokes Pit, Somerford Keynes, Gloucestershire (5 km, WSW, 14 
R 6 Recaptured 02/04/10 NA Cokes Pit, Somerford Keynes, Gloucestershire (5 km, WSW, 3 yrs 
297days)
S 4 Sighted 18/01/11 shustoke, Warwickshire (94 km, N, 4 yrs 223days)

No comments: