Monday 20 June 2011

Sunday 19th June

Very much the same as yesterday although there were a lot more family parties of birds with lots of juveniles around. At least four family groups of Blackcap were observed. Whitethroat as well we plentiful. There was a singing Skylark on Bixhill Lane whilst the field of Oil Seed Rape in that corner again provided plenty of finches.

Lapwing numbers have hit double figures “10” and there appeared less Terns than yesterday. Also I am pretty sure that I had a sub-adult Caspian Gull briefly last week, I only had my bins with me the only features I picked up were the long bill and as it flew away it had a large area of black on the tail. I only mention it as there have been a couple seen at Dosthill and it is worth keeping an eye out for.

Apologies to all gull enthusiasts for the vague description.

1 comment:

bob duckhouse said...

Had a quick walk round today Pete.Just 4 Common Terns was the best I could do.