Wednesday 9 February 2011

Wednesday 9th February

Firstly last night I walked the dog around the Reservoir from 5.15pm onwards, listening for Owls and drew a blank, however, I did count 92 Goosander in a large raft which is brilliant, there may have been more but it was really dark before I got to the far end.

This morning, looking out the window it was dull and dank and I hesitated before deciding togo. However, at 8.15 I was on my way around, the car park was empty (always a good sign). There were a couple of joggers running with their dogs but generally I had the place to myself. There were still in the region of 40 Goosander present and 160+ Pochard.

The highlight for me – and a Shustoke tick was a female Pintail that flew through. I assume it’s the bird that has been present at Ladywalk for a while but was a bonus on a dull morning. There are still a few Siskin around and the first signs of spring are beginning to appear with a buds starting to appear on the hawthorn. I also heard six singing Song Thrush around the reservoir.

As far as dog walkers taking notice of the new signs, todays result was

Wolves (Dirty Dog Heads) 2 v 1 Leeds

work it out!

No comments: