Thursday 13 January 2011

Thursday 13th January

I took the morning off after a late night, not work but a evening with Elvis at the Indian Lounge in Coleshill (it was the Indian restaurant not the Chip Shop!). Anyway I digress, it was the first time in a while that I have been round with the reservoir ice-free. There were a good number of Goosander (54) which made for a pleasant sight. Wildfowl were rather disappointing though with just 4 Shoveler, 105 Pochard, c.80 Tufted Duck, c.100 Mallard and 8 Wigeon.

There were more passerines around with the highlight being a couple of Goldcrests and a Willow Tit in warbler corner. I also had a Sparrowhawk and 20+ Pied Wagtail in the flooded meadow at the west end of the reservoir. The Nuthatch continue to show well and there were a couple of more sizeable tit flocks around. A flock of 30 Redwing flew over but again I have drawn a blank with Redpoll and Siskin, they must be somewhere!

I’m off to put on my Jump suit, slick my hair back, practice Suspicious Minds, throw a few shapes and hopefully launch a career as "Shustoke Elvis" – Thank you friends - you’ve been a fantastic audience!

No comments: